B r e a k f a s t W i t h T h e B e e s

A sharing on the Birth, and Life

of a Honey Bee Colony at Grass Lake Sanctuary, grasslakesanctuary.org

Manchester, Michigan


Thursday, August 2, 2012

News Since April: Part Three: A New Swarm, A New Home

Part Three - The Next Day




Hi Everyone,

Today I appreciated more, the miracle that it was... as Sunday I was perhaps more concerned about whether the barrel would make a suitable home. Walking down the lane today and getting the first glimpse of the bees buzzing about the entrance hole in the barrel I felt so joyful, I did a happy dance there in celebration. I feel so blessed and grateful for all that they are teaching me.
Here is a photo from Sunday.

I was a bit shocked at the image the bees seemed to be forming in the photo - a human form.




and here is video of Sunday's swarm delivery into the barrel

video of the barrel of bees, moments after delivery





Day Two -
They seem to be enjoying their new home:

and here is again is the interview we did the night of the swarm -
with a recap of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment